AYP Is Looking For An Assistant Financial Manager
The Africa Yoga Project (AYP) is a nonprofit, community-based organization that educates, empowers, elevates, and employs youth from Africa using the transformational practice of yoga. Our vision is to create opportunities for youth to step into their greatness, become self-sustaining, and grow as leaders in their communities.
AYP participants receive a wide range of benefits from the practice, including personal empowerment, emotional healing, and increased physical health and vitality. Yoga also introduced an unprecedented forum for community support through open dialogue and the opportunity to envision and create new possibilities for the future. AYP is a response to a strong desire for a community based on the principles of possibility, personal responsibility, service, and community action. Our core values are
- Being for each other
- Speaking straight
- Honoring commitment
- Generous listening and
- Acknowledgement and appreciation
AYP is now looking for dynamic new team members to support the continued growth and success of the organization.
Assistant Financial Manager
The Assistant Financial Manager will:
- Support the Finance and Administration Manager by entering data into financial management systems from source documents.
- Match invoices to statements and purchase orders to invoices.
- While ensuring the swift payment of invoices.
- Assist in the production of financial statements and applications, preparation of spreadsheets, reports and correspondence as required.
- Plan, organize, and manage their workload to ensure contributions to the AYP’s monthly financial reporting process in a timely and accurate manner.
- Resolve finance related queries, with the guidance of the Finance and Administration Manager.
- Assist the Finance and Administration Manager with billing, forwarding mail, or filing invoices, and organizing any other documents.
- Provide financial management support to the AYP team.
- Any other duties that may be deemed appropriate to this role.
Qualifications and Experience for the Assistant Financial Manager
A strong applicant will have:
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree in finance or a business-related field, while a Master’s Degree is preferred.
- At least a CPA 2/3.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a relevant field.
- Computer Proficiency: MS Office Applications (Word, Excel, Power Point & Outlook) and accounting software (QuickBooks).
- Proven integrity and strong communication, problem solving, time management, and leadership skills.
- The ability to be very precise and detail oriented.
- The ability to conduct research and demonstrate good analytical skills.
- The ability to work amicably with the youth who constitute to 98% of the organization.
- A passion for the goals and core values of AYP.
How to Apply:
• Submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae (resume), to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight Wednesday September 24th 2014.
• The cover letter should address candidate qualifications for each bullet from the “Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities” section of this description.
• The cover letter should also explain how a candidate meets each of the