AYP Is Looking For A Marketing Manager
The Africa Yoga Project (AYP) is a nonprofit, community-based organization that educates, empowers, elevates, and employs youth from Africa using the transformational practice of yoga. Our vision is to create opportunities for youth to step into their greatness, become self-sustaining, and grow as leaders in their communities.
AYP participants receive a wide range of benefits from the practice, including personal empowerment, emotional healing, and increased physical health and vitality. Yoga also introduced an unprecedented forum for community support through open dialogue and the opportunity to envision and create new possibilities for the future. AYP is a response to a strong desire for a community based on the principles of possibility, personal responsibility, service, and community action. Our core values are
- Being for each other
- Speaking straight
- Honoring commitment
- Generous listening and
- Acknowledgement and appreciation
AYP is now looking for dynamic new team members to support the continued growth and success of the organization.
The Marketing Manager will:
- Draft a marketing and branding strategy for AYP, in collaboration with the AYP team and leadership, that will include:
- Marketing and branding objectives,
- Management of customer relationships,
- Development of marketing strategies, in collaboration with the AYP teacher teams, for new social enterprises within the AYP family,
- Consistency of the AYP brand in marketing, communications, and outreach materials, and
- Staff development/training for media, marketing, and brand outreach.
- Oversee the creation and delivery of press releases, advertisements, print ads, publications, and other marketing materials.
- This includes taking a leadership role in content generation across AYP’s media platforms, including social media.
- Design and implement market research to recommend marketing actions by AYP.
- Prepare and adhere to budgets for marketing and branding.
- Deepen relationships across media to ensure the most effective messaging and positioning of the organization.
- Any other duties that may be deemed appropriate to this role.
Qualifications and Experience for the Marketing Manager
A strong applicant will have:
- A minimum experience of 5 years in a relevant position.
- A Bachelor’s degree in marketing or a business related discipline.
- Experience in developing and implementing marketing and branding plans.
- Strong planning, presentation, and implementation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to innovate and solve problems.
- Energetic relationship-building skills and solid networks with media and advertising agencies.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- A demonstrated a high level of integrity.
- The ability to work amicably with the youth who constitute to 98% of the organization.
- A passion for the goals and core values of AYP.
How to Apply:
• Submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae (resume), to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com by midnight Wednesday September 24th 2014.
• The cover letter should address candidate qualifications for each bullet from the “Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities” section of this description.
• The cover letter should also explain how a candidate meets each of the