Job Posting: Accountant
Job Advertisement: Accountant
The Africa Yoga Project (AYP) is a not-for-profit and community based organization that educates, empowers, elevates, and employs youth from Africa using the transformational practice of yoga. Our vision is to create opportunities for youth to step into their greatness, become self-sustaining, and act as leaders in their communities.
AYP participants receive a wide range of benefits from the practice of yoga, including personal empowerment, emotional healing, and increased physical health and vitality. Yoga also introduced an unprecedented forum for community support through open dialogue and the opportunity to envision and create new possibilities for the future. Our core values are:
- Being for each other
- Speaking straight
- Honoring commitment
- Generous listening and
- Acknowledgement and appreciation
AYP is now looking for dynamic new team members to support the continued growth and success of the organization
The Accountant will:
- Work closely with the Finance Manager to ensure smooth operation of all financial matters.
- Match invoices to statements and purchase orders to invoices.
- Input accounting data into the accounting system with speed and accuracy.
- Assist in the production of financial statements and applications, preparation of spreadsheets, reports, and correspondence.
- Plan, organize, and manage workload to ensure contributions to the AYP’s monthly financial reporting process in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensure swift payment of invoices.
- Maintain accounting records and files.
- Resolve finance related queries, with the guidance of the Finance Manager.
- Assist the Finance Manager with everyday tasks such as billing, forwarding mail, or filing invoices, and other related tasks.
- He or she will create budgets and business plans.
- Any other duties that may be deemed appropriate to this role.
Qualifications and Experience
The ideal candidate should:
- Be a Certified Public Accountant (CPA).
- Hold a Bachelors Degree in Financial Accounting.
- Have a minimum of two years experience, preferably in a related field.
- Demonstrate computer proficiency: MS Office Applications (Word, Excel, and Power Point & Outlook) and accounting software (QuickBooks).
- Demonstrate high level of integrity, strong communication, problem solving, and leadership skills.
- Be very precise and detail oriented.
- Be able to conduct research and utilize strong analytical skills.
- Possess good time management and relationship skills, especially those embodied in our core values.
- Be able to work amicably and professionally with the youth who constitute to 98% of the organization.
How to Apply:
- Submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae (resume), to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight Friday November 21st
- The cover letter should address candidate qualifications for each bullet from the “Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities” section of this description.
- The cover letter should also explain how a candidate meets each of the “Required Qualifications.”