To apply, please fill form below using the browser Google Chrome
Job Title: Grants Manager
The Africa Yoga Project (AYP) is a values driven organization. Through the stated organizational values, we hold each other accountable in all that we do. Striving to live the organizational values forms a part of your commitment to being a member of AYP. Our core values are:
- Being for each other
- Speaking straight
- Honoring commitments
- Generously listening
- Acknowledgement & appreciation
The Africa Yoga Project (AYP) Mission is to educate, empower, elevate, and expand employment with youth in Africa using the transformational practice of yoga.
AYP was created to train youth and build the wellness industry so that youth from marginalized communities earn a self-sustaining income as community leaders.
Based in Nairobi, Kenya, AYP serves diverse and marginalized communities. Through partnership with previously marginalized youth who are now yoga teachers, AYP currently provides more than 300 free classes per week to more than 6,000 community members. Since it was created, AYP has trained more than 200 yoga teachers in Kenya to serve across the country and beyond.
AYP operates on the belief that if marginalized youth complete AYP training, which includes leadership, physical, mental, and social health, and community building, then their incomes, self-efficacy, health, and positive civic engagement will increase.
Job Title: Grants Manager
Reports To: General Manager, AYP Africa
This position will inspire the creation of more well-being practitioners and yoga teachers in Africa! The Grants Manager at AYP finds and successfully applies for grants; ensures the successful implementation of grants; gathers data on existing grants’ progress and impact; and properly reports to donors on grants’ implementation. The Grants Manager also builds the capacity of the AYP team to successfully implement current and future grants.
- Responsible for the successful implementation of AYP Grants, involving reporting, documentation, procurement, communications and AYP team participation across implementation.
- Accountable for successful drafting and application for grants.
- Advises and assists in the design, development, and oversight of AYP’s grants management policies, procedures and practices.
- Lead M&E activities, in coordination with other AYP staff members, to gather reporting data for donors.
- Coordinates with AYP finance and the AYP implementation team to procure needed grants supplies and ensure successful implementation of grants activities.
- Transfers grants management capacity to the AYP team, including every step of the grants cycle (applications, pipeline, reporting, indicators, documentation, close-out, etc.)
- Grants management experience and expertise
- Strategic thinking
- Financial management
A related degree, or the equivalent experience in grants management.
This position will primarily be located at AYP’s offices in Parklands, Nairobi. This is a full-time position with a standard Kenyan workweek. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30am to 5pm and Saturday mornings 9am- 1pm. This position may require longer hours and weekend work.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Compensation: commensurate with experience.
The Grants Manager will be entitled to 21 days of vacation leave per year and 14 days of sick leave per year.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by the individual in this role. This job description; however, is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
AYP is committed to equity in employment practices and operating as an equal employment organization; AYP strives to make appointments to meet these objectives. AYP reserves the right not to appoint this position.