Skill in Action 2017 - On the Mat and In the World
August 3 - August 12, 2017
“Yoga is Skill in Action ” -Bhagavad Gita
Africa Yoga Project invites you to join them in Kenya in August 2017 on a 10-day journey to experience service work through the lens of the intersection of yoga and social justice. We will explore how our transformation on the mat inspires us to make transformation to create a just world.
The August 2017 Seva Safari will be led by Michelle Johnson, a yogi, social worker and ambassador with the Africa Yoga Project.
Michelle has designed an itinerary that opens the door of empowerment through service. You will have the opportunity to work hand-in-hand with new and veteran Africa Yoga Project teachers to rejuvenate and bring more shine to the community outreach classes that they have created. You will get your hands immersed into physical service work which will help these teachers and the Africa Yoga Project continue to offer free weekly classes to the bright and energetic new faces that show up everyday.
The August Seva Safari doesn’t stop in Nairobi. Michelle will take you on a Safari to Lake Naivasha to witness and engage with the wildlife that Kenya has to offer.
This trip is the definition of service adventure. We will celebrate the collective action it takes to create the world in which we recognize our humanity and duty to serve, a world in which we truly see each other. Come with us August 2017, Be SKILL IN ACTION and give yourself the gift of adventure.
Connect with your Dharma, Lead, Inspire, and Create. Explore Kenya – August 2017
The financial commitment for the Seva Safari is:
- Deposit = $500 per person (required payment to reserve spot and is non-refundable)
- Program Fee = $1,750 per person (includes deposit)
- Covers: Food, transportation, accommodations, and park fees
- Doesn’t Cover: Airfare or personal items such as gifts and snacks
- This is not tax deductible and is transferable to another trip within 12 months
- Fundraising Commitment = $4,000
- Covers: Service projects we will be working on and the continued work of Africa Yoga Project.
- These funds are tax-deductible and are transferable to another trip within 12 months.
“The Seva Safari Trip is guaranteed to change your life; way of being; and over-all perspective. The combination of yoga practices, daily sharing and reflecting with Africa Yoga Project teachers and students, and the daily challenges and tasks, encourage penetrating transformation that inspires overall connection and openness. This trip gives you a taste of authentic Kenyan cultures, while taking you into the heart of what Africa Yoga Project is all about.” – Lauren Mackenzie, Seva Safari July 2011.