ABOUT THE AYP SHINE CENTER
The Shine Center is a place where people come together to explore new and healthier ways of being, actively inquire about the issues of their life and put inspiration into practice. We promise an experience that will not only stretch, strengthen and empower you in body and being, but that will be more FUN than you have ever imagined possible. We don’t pretend that our partnership in your empowerment will be effortless—but it will be extraordinarily rewarding. Like the sun, the positive results produced at the Shine Center radiate out into our families, our communities and our globe – allowing you to contribute to a happier and healthier world.
Join our monthly newsletter to receive updates about new classes, workshops and more!
- Intro Special: 2000 shillings for your first month!
- Single Class Drop-In: 700 ksh
- 5-Class Pass: 3,000 ksh (600 ksh/class)*
- 10-Class Pass: 5,000 ksh (500 ksh/class)*
- 20-Class Pass: 8,000 ksh (400 ksh/class)*
- Month Unlimited: 5,000 ksh a month (includes mat storage)
- Three Month Membership: 12,000 ksh for 3 months (4,000 ksh/month and includes mat storage)
- Yearly Membership: 42,000 ksh (3,500 a month!)
SATURDAY COMMUNITY CLASS BY DONATIONWhether you have lived in Nairobi all of your life or are only visiting for a few days, this is a class you cannot miss! Our 2 hour community class brings together over 300 people from all walks of life to share, struggle, sweat and shine at the Shine Center.
- Every Saturday 10am - 12 noon
- Bring a mat if you have one, or come early to borrow one from the Center
- No experience necessary
- Stay after the class to share a free vegetarian meal with the community
This is a donation supported class.
WEEKLY WORKSHOPSUnique Yoga workshops are held weekly at the Shine Center. Past workshops include:
- Intro to Yoga for Beginners
- Inversions (get upside down!)
- Restore Yoga
- Intro to Ashtanga Yoga
- Discover Backbends
- And so many more!
Can't make it to the Shine Center for class? Don't worry, AYP teachers offer yoga all over Nairobi - find a class at a studio near you!
- Ngong Road
From Town/ Ngara:
- Take matatu No. 11 going to Highridge at Odeon cinema
- When you get to Nakumatt Highride go right (Northeast) onto Masari Rd for a block and a half.
- Diamond Plaza will be on your left between Mutati Rd and Fourth Parklands Ave.
- The Shine Center is located in Diamond Plaza on the 4th floor.
- From town - University roundabout
- Go NE passing the University of Nairobi and Central Police station on your left.
- Continue onto Slip Rd. until you're forced to turn.
- Take the 2nd exit on left onto Murang'a Rd.
- Take a left onto Limuru for a little under a half a mile - 600 meters.
- Stay on A2 for 800m, a half a mile, then turn right on Masari Rd.
- You will pass Nakumat Highridge on your Right.
- Continue NE for a block and a half.
- Diamond Plaza will be on you left between Mutati Rd and Fourth Parklands Ave.
- The Shine Center is located in the building on the 4th floor.
Shine Center Contact:
Location: Shine Center, Diamond Plaza, 4th floor on Masari Road
Yoga Tip #1: Consistency
Successful yoga practice requires discipline and wisdom. Consistency is the key to success. A practice of 2-3 days per week, if consistent, will create transformation over time. For life-changing results practice 5-6 days per week.