Africa Yoga Project Teacher Scholarship
Africa Yoga Project is excited to announce they will be offering full scholarships to its annual 200-hour Yoga Alliance Teacher Training in Kenya March 23 - April 3, 2016.
What: A full scholarship to the Africa Yoga Project Teacher Training.
When: April 12 - April 23, 2017
Where: Nairobi, Kenya
Why: You love seeing people feel healthy, explore possibilities in their life and achieve greatness. You want to bring yoga to your local community!
Apply: Fill form
Africa Yoga Project (AYP) trains global wellbeing leaders in and from Africa. The purpose of the Africa Yoga Project Teacher Training Scholarship is to spread the work of Africa Yoga Project outside Kenya and to set up satellite communities. We believe that by offering a scholarship fund for our teacher trainings it will create leadership, possibility and hope in lives around the world.
Africa Yoga Project will offer full scholarships for the 2017 training. Each scholarship will cover the full amount of the registration as well as all lodging and food during the training.
After reading the requirements, if you feel you may qualify for the scholarship please email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive a downloadable version of the application.
If chosen, you will receive a confirmation from email@example.com with details of the training and registration details.
Yoga Teacher Training Scholarship Eligibility
• The Africa Yoga Project Teacher Training Scholarship program is meant for yoga students who need financial help to achieve their yoga teacher training certification.
• The Africa Yoga Project Scholarship is open to African nationals age 18-35.
• Applicants need to provide two letters of recommendation or referrals from their local community members explaining why they should qualify for this scholarship.
• After returning to their home communities, recipients of the scholarship must identify 3 populations that wouldn't normally have the opportunity to practice yoga. As an exchange for this scholarship, the recipient commits to teaching yoga to these outreach classes once a week for 3 months. Examples of outreach locations: Youth Groups (football, girls's empowerment groups, arts groups), schools, orphanages. hospitals, jails and detention centers and HIV/AIDS support groups.
• After the 3 months of teaching the outreach classes, Africa Yoga Project will assess the development and impact the teacher is having on these communities. The scholarship recipient will be required to complete three essays for the review. One page summary of "What Being of Service Means to you," One page essay "What you have experienced sharing yoga to the outreach classes," and 1 page essay "Why I want to be a teacher with Africa Yoga Project."
• If the Africa Yoga Project scholarship council finds positive impact, the mission is being shared and increasing numbers of participation in outreach programs, then the scholarship recipient may be eligible for part-time employment with AYP within their home country and the opportunity to be a part of the mentor program.
Yoga Teacher Training Scholarship Award Decision
• Africa Yoga Project looks at each application thoroughly and makes its best effort to assess fairly based on information submitted. While financial need is the primary consideration, it is not the only consideration. AYP takes the entire application into consideration when making awards.
• Scholarship will cover the $2,000 teacher training fee.
• Financial need is not a guarantee of scholarship award.
We will make the award decision by March 1, 2017. If students have questions about where their application is within the process, they can write to firstname.lastname@example.org and inquire.
How to Apply
• Read through the entire scholarship details.
• Fill out the scholarship application form.
• Submit two letters of recommendation to email@example.com