Community Coordinator Vacancy at Africa Yoga Project
Community Coordinator Vacancy
Do you find a best friend in everyone you meet? Do you love sharing Africa Yoga Project's mission? Do you love supporting other in meeting their visions and goals ? If you answer yes to these questions then check out this exciting opportunity as a COMMUNITY Coordinator…
The Africa Yoga Project (AYP) is recruiting a Community Coordinator. Leading our community engagement and program enrollment, this role will support our goals of increasing youth employability, fostering civic engagement, and building the wellbeing industry so that youth from marginalized communities earn a self-sustaining income as community leaders.
AYP’s mission is to educate, empower, elevate, and expand employability of youth in Africa using the transformational practice of yoga.
AYP is a values driven organization. Through our values we hold each other accountable in all that we do. Striving to live the organizational values forms a part of your commitment to being a member of AYP. Our core values are:
- Being for each other
- Speaking straight
- Honoring commitments
- Generously listening
- Acknowledgement & appreciation
Location: This position may be based in Kenya or the US, depending on candidate, with numerous trips between the two locations.
The Community Manager will be accountable for engagement with the AYP global community, our donors and volunteers, to ensure they are inspired, communicated with and feel supported by Africa Yoga Project.
- AYP Program Stewardship Strategy Management
- Accountable for the participant journey from program interest to long term engagement
- Gather lists of prospects from events and programs
- Follow up with prospects with the aim of enrolling them into future programs
- Support the fundraising journey of all program participants
- Implement donors stewardship engagement and acknowledgement strategy post program
- Maintain and Report on Donor Records
- Ensure that HHH tours take place successfully
- Organize North American Fundraising Tours (Handstands, Hugs and Happiness)
- Create fun and innovative strategies that leverage the tour to create impactful community and program enrollment
- Community Relationships Management
- Build and grow authentic relationships with ambassadors, mentors, influencers, press and brands to build awareness of AYP
- Implement and innovate Programs Marketing Plan
- Digital engagement
- Regular, scheduled contributions to social media groups for upcoming program
- Monitor and ensure comments on social media platforms are responded to appropriately.
- Social Media manager
- Graphic designers for program marketing materials
- Experience confronting unpredictable problems, creating resourceful solutions, and implementing solutions
- Experience using social media tools to interact with audiences and achieve organizational goals.
- Strong customer service and communication skills
- Able to communicate effectively in writing, orally and to tailor communication to meet diverse audiences.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Strong computer skills: Microsoft Word and Excel are required. Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite, Hootsuite, Google Analytics, Facebook and Instagram ads.
- Experience in sales/marketing
- Familiarity with Baptiste trainings/community preferred
- Entrepreneurship or management experience is a plus
- A personal interest in yoga and in growing your yoga practice!
To apply, please send a short cover letter and résumé to email@example.com with “Community Coordinator” in the subject line.