Seva Safari: Build Digital Marketing Skills 2018
Seva Safari: Build Digital Marketing Skills 2017
August 9 - 18, 2018
The August 2018 Seva Safari will be held by Katharina Warzel who has created an itinerary with the Africa Yoga Project community to learn digital marketing skills and how to think like a business owner while also exploring the beauty of Africa. Katharina is eager to share her passion for travel, yoga and technology. Everything she does is multi-lingual in English, French, German and Spanish. Originally from Germany, she builds the first connection with Africa Yoga Project from Europe.
Katharina is a trauma informed trained volunteer for the national non-profit, Connection Coalition (CoCo for short) to provide free yoga programs to youth (and those working with youth) at youth centers, rehab facilities, schools, shelters. She is completing her 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training in August 2017 in Bali.
Katharina works with airlines around the world on executing the newest digital marketing tactics, advises on actionable insights based on analytics, and finds a competitive advantage automation and data science. She wants to make this knowledge accessible to anyone. The workshop is about learning how to think like a business owner and drive results through digital marketing. Topic include, but are not limited to:
- Create your own website with Wordpress
- Develop an online marketing strategy
- Track performance of online channels
- Ideas to monetize your yogi business
On this trip, you will dive into and experience AYP’s work first-hand through outreach visits to their communities in Nairobi. In addition, you will get to take classes from several AYP teachers and attend two of their phenomenal Saturday community classes, in which members from the Nairobi community come to practice at the Shine Center - imagine 200 yogis moving and breathing together for 2 hours!
After getting your hands dirty while working on a 3-day service project for a community in Nairobi, you’ll head to Amboseli National Park, where you’ll witness Kenya’s wildlife at an arm’s reach. You will also have a visit to a Maasai village to learn about their community and their way of life! This is a Seva not to be missed!
Bonus: Katharina’s favorite hobby is AcroYoga, so get ready for some fun partner yoga classes in between.
The financial commitment for the Seva Safari is:
- Deposit = $500 per person (required payment to reserve spot and is non-refundable)
- Program Fee = $1,750.00 per person (includes deposit)
- Covers: Food, transportation, accommodations, and park fees
- Doesn’t Cover: Airfare or personal items such as gifts and snacks
- This is not tax deductible and is transferable, minus deposit, within 12 months.
- Fundraising Commitment
- $4,000 for participants 18 years and older
- $2,000 for participants under 18 years old
- Covers: Service projects we will be working on and the continued work of Africa Yoga Project.
- These funds are tax-deductible and transferable within 12 months.