Africa Yoga Project offers full scholarships to its annual 200-hour Yoga Alliance Teacher Training in Kenya
What: A full scholarship to the Africa Yoga Project Teacher Training.
When: April 7 - 18, 2020
Where: Nairobi, Kenya
Why: You love seeing people feel healthy, explore possibilities in their life and achieve greatness. You want to bring yoga to your local community!
Apply: fill in form at this link
Africa Yoga Project (AYP) trains global wellbeing leaders in and from Africa. The purpose of the Africa Yoga Project Teacher Training Scholarship is to spread the work of Africa Yoga Project outside Kenya and to set up satellite communities. We believe that by offering a scholarship fund for our teacher trainings it will create leadership, possibility and hope in lives around the world.
Africa Yoga Project will offer full scholarships for the 200 hour teacher training. Each scholarship will cover the full amount of the registration as well as all lodging and food during the training.
After reading the requirements, if you feel you may qualify for the scholarship please apply through the link above or email email@example.com to receive a downloadable version of the application.
If chosen, you will receive a confirmation with details of the training and registration details.
Yoga Teacher Training Scholarship Eligibility
- Aged 18-35
- Under on unemployed
- Come from a marginalized community (communities with inadequate/little or no access to socio-economic amenities)
- African resident
- Commitment towards joining and completing the 3-year AYP Academy
- Teach at least 2 free yoga classes in marginalized communities for the 1st 3months post-training.
- Passion for community, yoga and wellbeing
- 2 letters of recommendation (from non-family members) to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Africa Yoga Project Teacher Training Scholarship program is meant for yoga students who need financial help to achieve their yoga teacher training certification.
After returning to their home communities, recipients of the scholarship must identify 2 populations that wouldn't normally have the opportunity to practice yoga. As an exchange for this scholarship, the recipient commits to teaching yoga to these outreach classes once a week for 6 months. Examples of outreach locations: Youth Groups (football, girls's empowerment groups, arts groups), schools, orphanages. hospitals, jails and detention centers and HIV/AIDS support groups.
Scholarship recipients have the opportunity to join our 3 year Academy pending meeting required criteria. Learn more about the Academy here.
Yoga Teacher Training Scholarship Award Decision
- Africa Yoga Project looks at each application thoroughly and makes its best effort to assess fairly based on information submitted. While financial need is the primary consideration, it is not the only consideration. AYP takes the entire application into consideration when making awards.
- Scholarship will cover the $2,000 teacher training fee.
- Financial need is not a guarantee of scholarship award.
How to Apply
- Read through the entire scholarship details above.
- Fill out the scholarship application form.
If the Africa Yoga Project scholarship council finds positive impact, the mission is being shared and increasing numbers of participation in outreach programs, then the scholarship recipient may be eligible to join the AYP Academy and mentor program.