The Shine Center Yoga Studio
Click here for Yoga Class Schedule
The Shine Center is a place where people come together to explore new and healthier ways of being, actively inquire about the issues of their life and put inspiration into practice. We promise an experience that will not only stretch, strengthen and empower you in body and being, but that will be more FUN than you have ever imagined possible. We don’t pretend that our partnership in your empowerment will be effortless—but it will be extraordinarily rewarding. Like the sun, the positive results produced at the Shine Center radiate out into our families, our communities and our globe – allowing you to contribute to a happier and healthier world.
Join our monthly newsletter to receive updates about new classes, workshops and more!
Read more about the Shine Center studio here.
New to yoga? Read our Yoga FAQ here.
- Intro Special: 2000 shillings for your first month!
- Single Class Drop-In: 1,000 ksh
- 5-Class Pass: 4,500 ksh (one month expiration)
- 10-Class Pass: 8,000 ksh (2 months expiration)
- 20-Class Pass: 14,000 ksh (3 months expiration)
- Month Unlimited: 6,000 ksh a month (includes mat storage)
- Six Month Membership: 30,000 ksh (includes mat storage)
Intro special only applies to your first month. New Students, first class mat rental is free. New students only ksh 500 credit when you refer someone. Packages can be shared and suspended or extended at 500 ksh. Monthly packages include mat storage.
COMMUNITY CLASSES BY DONATION
Whether you have lived in Nairobi all of your life or are only visiting for a few days, this is a class you cannot miss! Our 2 hour community class brings together over 300 people from all walks of life to share, struggle, sweat and shine at the Shine Center Yoga Studio.
- Every Saturday 10am - 12 noon
- Bring a mat if you have one, or come early to borrow one from the Center
- No experience necessary
- Stay after the class to share a free vegetarian meal with the community
1pm Community class every weekday (Monday - Friday)
This class is based on donation and taught by AYP teachers as part of our Academy program. When you attend this class, you will experience a unique yoga class, and get to share your feedback with the instructor to help him/her grow as a teacher.
WEEKLY WORKSHOPSUnique yoga workshops are held weekly at the Shine Center. Past workshops include:
- Intro to Yoga for Beginners
- Inversions (get upside down!)
- Restorative Yoga
- Intro to Ashtanga Yoga
- Discover Backbends
- Acro Yoga
And so many more!
DIRECTIONSFrom Town/ Ngara:
- Take matatu No. 11 going to Highridge at Odeon cinema
- When you get to Nakumatt Highride go right (Northeast) onto Masari Rd for a block and a half.
- Diamond Plaza will be on your left between Mutati Rd and Fourth Parklands Ave.
- The Shine Center is located in Diamond Plaza on the top floor of the old building.
- From town - University roundabout
- Go NE passing the University of Nairobi and Central Police station on your left.
- Continue onto Slip Rd. until you're forced to turn.
- Take the 2nd exit on left onto Murang'a Rd.
- Take a left onto Limuru for a little under a half a mile - 600 meters.
- Stay on A2 for 800m, a half a mile, then turn right on Masari Rd.
- You will pass Nakumat Highridge on your Right.
- Continue NE for a block and a half.
- Diamond Plaza will be on you left between Mutati Rd and Fourth Parklands Ave.
- The Shine Center is located on the top floor of the old building.