Africa Yoga Project 200 Hour Teacher Training
POSTPONED TILL FURTHER NOTICE DUE TO COVID-19
This program is an amazing opportunity to earn your 200 hour yoga teacher training certificate in Kenya while contributing to our mission of educating and expanding employability for youth in Africa through yoga teacher training.
This unparalleled training is for those who wish to deepen their practice, teach yoga and inspire others. Expand Your Power is an intensive Baptiste Yoga training focused on an in-depth understanding of the methodology of Baptiste Power Yoga asana and assisting, yoga anatomy, physiology and philosophy, meditation, connecting with your class and practical teaching experience with feedback. The curriculum is in accordance with Yoga Alliance requirements. You will leave ready to teach!
Expand Your Power Teacher Training with Africa Yoga Project is a 12 day training and service trip to Kenya for everyone. You will experience exponential personal growth, practice and learn shoulder to shoulder, with new Africa Yoga Project teachers, emerging leaders and other powerful people from around the world while witnessing the energy of the organization’s programs in Nairobi.
Teacher Training Assisting Program
If you have completed your 200Hour Certification through a Baptiste Affiliate Studio or Baptiste Power Yoga Institute, you may be eligible to participate as part of the Assisting Team for the 200hr Teacher Training. If you are interested and have not already spoken to a team member about it, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of team, you play an incredibly important role in supporting the program minute by minute from start to finish. You will learn what it takes to generate and support a program. A master teacher is able to both see the micro view of what the students in front of them need and have a macro view of the whole program. We will work with the skills needed to take a macro view. This begins with what it is to be on a team.
The financial commitment for April Teacher Training is:
- Deposit = USD 500 per person (required payment to reserve spot)
- Program Fee = USD 2,000 per person (includes deposit)
- Covers: All Food, transportation, accommodations, and park fees
- Doesn’t Cover: Airfare or personal items such as gifts and snacks
- This is not tax deductible
- Fundraising Commitment = USD 4,000 Non Africa-Resident, USD 500 African-Resident
- Covers: scholarships for young people from all over Africa yo come to Kenya and take the 200 hour program, service projects we will be working on before, during and after the program and the continued work of Africa Yoga Project.
- These funds are tax-deductible
Please note: All fees are in US Dollars